When WordPress 3.4 was released last week, I was thinking what’s there for Thesis? Will we be seeing a minor update or we going to get our hand dirty with Thesis 2.0, which is one of the most awaited version of Thesis. Not so surprisingly, Thesis 1.8.5 is launched and ready to be downloaded from DIYthemes.com.
WordPress 3.4 : First thing first
Thesis 1.8.5 story started with launch of WordPress 3.4 (Code name: Green) which got many new features and bug fixes. Live theme customizer is one of the most talked feature in 3.4 version and other noticable changes in this version of WordPress are:
- Custom header and background
- XML-RPC bug-fixes
- Image caption now supports HTML
- Retina display Icons
- Blog comments can be added from editor
You can find a complete details of changes on Wpcandy blog.
Specially, HTML image caption feature is going to be very handy for users to give proper credits to images. Also default WordPress theme now supports theme customizer now.
Download Thesis 1.8.5
I was quite surprised to see 1.8.5 version of Thesis, as Thesis 2 was in my expected release, and after 1.8.4 release, 2.0 was highly expected. Yesterday, in a blog post Chris pearson announced the launch of Thesis 1.8.5 and also mentioned that Thesis 2.0 is in it’s final stage for alpha testing and we can expect it by August 2012 with some amazing new features.
Here are changelog for Thesis 1.8.5 Version:
- Author microformat in post byline is updated to get rid of warning error message in Google Rich Snippet Tool
- Link menu added via widget will show vertical links instead of horizontal
- Basic HTML is allowed in Widget title (More styling)
- Thesis now support theme preview feature of WordPress 3.4
- Improved multisite post thumbnail handling
- Also support HTML image captioning feature of latest WordPress
Now here is some good news for existing Thesis users: Thesis 2.0 is going to come up with many enhanced feature and DIYthemes will also release few addons and skins for Thesis in coming months. Addons will be extra features that we can use to extend the functionality of Thesis theme. Though, there is no official word on if upcoming Thesis addons are going to be paid or free.
For now, you can refer to my guide on How to upgrade Thesis or take my professional help to upgrade your Thesis theme to latest version. If you are still not a Thesis user, you should grab it before Thesis 2.0 will come out in August, as we are expecting a huge increment in price of Thesis.
It’s good to see that Thesis is coming up with regular release now and work at DIYthemes lab has taken a momentum and lets hope to get the most awaited 2.0 version soon.
Subscribe to receive Free Thesis Customization Tips
- We will send you latest Thesis Theme customization tips, hacks and tutorials to make most out of Theiss Theme.
- You will also be receiving latest Thesis theme news, Thesis skins release, Thesis theme upgrade notices.