DIY Theme recently released the latest version of Thesis Framework. The latest Thesis 1.8 is enhanced for the security and simplified Theme options for content management. Thesis 1.8 has removed the Page Option page and has a Support for WordPress 3.0 Nav Menu.
Below is a handy procedure to download and upgrade the Latest Version of Thesis 1.8.
A. How to download and get Thesis 1.8
In order upgrade Thesis to latest version, login to DIY Thesis Theme admin area, and click to download the latest copy of Thesis 1.8 to your computer hard-disk.
On clicking the Link “Click here to download Thesis 1.8”, download the file “thesis_18.zip” to desktop (recommended).
Once the file is saved, cross check the Zipped Archive, as sometimes, CRC error might occur while downloading the zipped archive.
B. How to Upgrade to Thesis 1.8
Before we move ahead with our procedure to upgrade Thesis, we must safely take a Backup of our WordPress Database. If you are using Thesis 1.7 then you can also backup Thesis Settings from the Thesis Option Manager.
After taking the backup and exporting all options, we can now proceed to install Thesis 1.8
- Login to Dashboard Admin and navigate to Appearance > Themes.
- Choose Install Theme Tab, where also you can see the current used Theme on your Blog.
- In the Install Themes Tab, select the Upload Sub tab.
- Under the upload tab, click on the browse button and select Thesis_18.zip file saved on your Computer (on Desktop for instance). Further hit the Install Now button to upload Thesis in the Theme Directory.
- Now once the Thesis 1.8 is installed, make sure you don’t activate it, because current settings and Custom Folder hasn’t been imported yet.
- Using a FTP client, navigate to “/wp-content/themes/thesis_17” directory. And backup the Custom which contains the Custom.css and Custom_functions.php on desktop or anywhere on your computer.
- Now using FTP client, navigate to “/wp-content/themes/thesis_18” directory. And add the Custom backed up folder in the current directory. Make sure the name of the custom folder is “Custom” under the thesis_18 directory.
- Login to Dashboard admin and now Activate the Thesis 1.8 Theme listed under the Appearances > Theme.
Note: Thesis 1.8 automatically replaces the older version Thesis settings onto newer version.
I hope this simple tutorial would help but if you are stuck and need technical assistance you can take help of our Thesis Upgrade Service.
Subscribe to receive Free Thesis Customization Tips
- We will send you latest Thesis Theme customization tips, hacks and tutorials to make most out of Theiss Theme.
- You will also be receiving latest Thesis theme news, Thesis skins release, Thesis theme upgrade notices.