Thesis is no doubt Thesis is one of the best SEO WordPress Theme in the market and there is no reason that you should not buy Thesis and use it on your blog to make most out of it. But when it comes to WordPress, plugin and theme conflicts are always an issue and bugs come without sending you a prior notification. Earlier I talked about Upgrade Thesis error message which I faced on my site and I realized the bug is because of Browser cache option in W3tc. Not sure, if it’s a compatibility issue or something else, but my suggestion is, If you are using W3TC plugin and making design or CSS changes, always disable browser cache option of W3TC.
Options.design Option Error While Update Big Ass Save button:
So this is new bug or conflict issue which I came across recently and I will also mention the steps I have taken to resolve the issue. So, one of my Thesis client was making some design changes from Thesis design option manager, and when he hit the Big ass save button, he got following error:
- Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/bradcham/public_html/wp-content/themes/thesis_185/lib/classes/options_design.php on line 468
- Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/bradcham/public_html/wp-content/themes/thesis_185/lib/classes/options_design.php on line 489
- Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/bradcham/public_html/wp-content/themes/thesis_185/lib/classes/options_design.php:468) in /home/bradcham/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 881
Here is a screenshot of the error:
Here are few steps which I have taken and that didn’t solved the issue, but since I read about them on WordPress support forum and on other blogs, I’m outlining them and this may solve your issue:
- Disable browser cache option of W3 total cache plugin and delete all cache (If this helps, you are lucky)
- Another suggestion from WordPress forum was to work on whitespace issue and check the files which are showing in error message for any white space. This is tough one but you can try this. Though in my case, I couldn’t find white space and honestly, it’s tough to find white space for a normal user.
- Upgrade Thesis: I also upgraded Thesis theme of client from 1.8 version to latest version but again the same error message popped up.
So, I was sure it has to do something with Database or may be corrupt Thesis design option page. Now, if you are also getting Cannot modify header information error in Thesis and none of above (Specially point 1) worked for you, here is the simple solution:
Fixing Cannot modify header information in Thesis WordPress theme
- Login to WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Thesis > Manage option
- Click on restore default design option
And viola your site design will be back. But you will lose all the custom changes you made in design option panel and you need to re-edit the changes. If you have taken backup of Thesis site option and design options earlier, you can use that .dat file to quickly restore everything or you can take help of our Thesis customization service.
Also, I highly recommend to take a monthly backup of your Thesis custom folder and design and custom options from Thesis >Manage options page. It’s better to be safe than sorry. I hope this will help you to solve your problem but if you are still stuck, don’t forget to let me know via comments and I can have a look.
You can also consider subscribing to our Email newsletter for all Thesis theme related news.
Subscribe to receive Free Thesis Customization Tips
- We will send you latest Thesis Theme customization tips, hacks and tutorials to make most out of Theiss Theme.
- You will also be receiving latest Thesis theme news, Thesis skins release, Thesis theme upgrade notices.